Friday, October 11, 2013

White Horses

I cannot wait. 
I am giddy with anticipation.   
Picture this with me. 

Gates open, releasing beams of light.
A magnificent horse, brilliant white, emerges.
Scarlet robes flap furious,
      enveloping a rider called Faithful and True. 
Eyes flash fire and crowns reflect the light.
Could these crowns be the crowns we have laid at His feet?
The Rider is Jesus, The Word of God.


But get this.

Following The Rider is a field of white,
ripples, like an endless sea of grain swaying with the wind,
Waves and waves of purest white, 
Fierce pounding of hooves,
A massive spray of flowing manes.
Their riders radiant as the sun. . .
                                          clothed in finest linen.
The armies of heaven.

That's us, people! 
We are the armies of heaven following the blood red Rider
                . . . those who have placed their faith in Jesus for salvation from their sins.  
We are clothed in white linen.  (See Rev. 19:6-8)

I cannot wait to emerge from heaven on a white battle horse, running full speed, knowing I am on the winning side.  A warrior bride. 

The thought is simply glorious!

These horses from Revelation 19:11-21 may be figurative, I don't know.  But I see no reason not to take them literally.  And in my heart I sense an urgency, a nearing of the Lord's return to earth.  In our grave concern for the plight of those who do not know God, we sometimes forget the incredible inheritance God has planned for us as believers. 

God has set eternity in our hearts, a pulling toward our true home. (Eccles. 3:11)
I cannot wait. 

The U.S. of A. is not the utopia of our dreams,
'This land is your land, this land is my land' . . . maybe not.

But, there is a land far better, a realm unseen, that will one day be revealed.  
I am so grateful to be a citizen of that country. 
For righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom, (Heb. 1:8-9)
And we will reign with Him.  (Rev. 5:10)



1 comment:

  1. Loved this...Jesus, horses, a bride, a kingdom of light.... what could be better! Blossom Teele

    ReplyDelete