Monday, November 19, 2012

Eyes to See

I am overflowing with gratitude.  I've just experienced a weekend where God has "anointed my head with oil", through the fellowship of family and friends.  Thank you. 

I was so encouraged. . .

God has lifted my eyes . . .

























In spite of  'giants in the land'. . .

Given me hope . . .






























Through the fellowship of believers. . .


My soul was nourished through time spent with my husband, LOTS of time.
Thank you, my man, for deeming me so worthwhile, for valuing my opinions, for making me a priority, for enjoying my presence . . . I certainly delight in yours.

I was lifted up through an invitation.  Thank you, my friends, for including me.
Thank you for listening to my struggles and for sharing yours so I know I am not alone.
Thank you for laughs, silliness of an evening, and apple pie.

Thank you for the courage of a daughter to stand before an entire congregation and give thanks . . . and the day before where you stood alone and spoke of God to friends seeking to sway you to the contrary.
 
Thank you to the friend who gave the compliment.

Thank you to the friend who gave me a hug and remembered something we had talked about weeks ago   . . . and cared enough to ask about it.  Thanks for being so genuinely concerned . . . for caring.
 
Thank you to the college girls who sought me out after church . . . eager to speak with me.

Thank you for the friends who blessed me with a 'beyond the surface' conversation in the car on the way home.

Thank you God, for the rainbow stretched across the book cliffs . . . and the glorious clouds.    

Thank you to the guy at the window who served the thumb sized ice cream cones . . . causing a ruckus of squelched laughter to explode once we left ear shot of your window.

Thank you to the people who stole my pumpkins and smashed them in the street.  Now I don't have to dispose of them. . . just in time to decorate the porch for Christmas. 

Thank you for the phone conversation with a daughter far away . . . and your fun profile picture. 

Thank you to the friend who shared her heart and her little dog.
Happiness streamed from that dog. . . and I'm not a huge fan of dogs.

Thank you to my son for the conversation near the fire and for babysitting . . . babysitting . . . and babysitting, so I could be out with my hubby. 

Thank you to my youngest, for her hilarious humor, and getting "drunk" on pomegranates with me.
Thank you for the square snowflake, the poof, and a crazy round of cribbage.  

I was truly uplifted this weekend . . . an unending stream of blessings through you, the people of God.  I just wanted to say that I noticed and it mattered.  It might not have been a big deal to you, but to me it was huge.  God has given me eyes to see . . .
                                                                    that I am not alone,
                                                                       that my life matters
                                                                          that I might have something to contribute
                                                                             that you care
                                                                                 that I can be myself and you will still love
                                                                                     that there is hope for a vision flickering low. . .

                                          Thank you.   

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."  Isa. 55:12


No comments:

Post a Comment