Monday, August 29, 2011

Pain Speaks

"You hem me in, behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me."  
Psalm 139:5

Two horses.
Two riders.
Urgent mission.
Distracted.
Chased by a lion.
Swiped by a lion.
Fear.
Pain.
Motivated.
Kingdom delivered.

I read "The Horse and His Boy" by C.S. Lewis to my girls this week.
Love it.

I also finished a study on the book of Judges where "everyone did what was right in their own eyes."
Connection.

In seeking to do things my own way, God often uses pain to direct my steps into His way.  The hurt drives me to His purpose, where otherwise I would never have gone.  Not only does God go before me, but He also goes behind me, using the prod of suffering to get me to the place I need to be.  God confirmed this thought for me yesterday.

Worship service.
Hebrews 12
Proof of belonging.
Discipline.
Suffering.
Pain.
I can scarcely hear the sermon through the roll of thunder
                                            and the crack of lightening...literally.
The Spirit.
The Word.
God's people gathered.
Awesome!
Holy fear.
Rush of rain.
Beauty.
Blessing through pain.
"What if...sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near." (song by Laura Story)

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, your healing will quickly appear.  Then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard."  Isaiah 58:8

All to Jesus.
I surrender.


1 comment:

  1. We were able to use the thunder in our kid's church lesson, too. :)

    ReplyDelete