Thursday, August 18, 2011

Like A Flood

July 6
"...see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven 
and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." 
Malachi 3:10b

I am in awe of God's blessing washed over the boundaries of my life.
My limitations have sunk, run over by an unstoppable force-a rushing river.  
"Mightier than the thunder of the great waters...
                                              the LORD on High is Mighty!" Psa.93:4

Coming from the heights the river marches- 
snow left behind in winter's storm now surrenders to summer's heat.  
Is this only the beginning?

I recently traveled the I-70 corridor
as it follows the Colorado river through the Rocky mountains.  
Never have I seen the river so full- 
and never have I seen the grace of God flowing in my life so strong.
Believe me, there are days in my past which rival these days in intensity,
but yesterday's grace is no substitute for the fresh grace of today. 

My son graduated from high school in a down pour of heavy rain.
I didn't realize it then, but God was about to drench my life in blessing... 
as the heat of faith intensified on the storms of last winter.  
The struggle pulled me to my knees, crying out for God's direction.
Like blizzards of winter snow, I could not find my way in the world of colleges.

God was leading my son in a path less traveled
and seemed to make no sense-secular university. 
How easy it would be to take the logical, the expected, the secure route.  
But that route required little faith and perhaps only a trickle of blessing.
My son received a phenomenal job... 
dropped in his lap really, as grace searched him out,
the pay more than we could ever ask or imagine.
A work of God no doubt.  






As our family moves through a change of seasons,
faith is maxed to the breaking point and floods of grace sweep over us -
a mighty rushing river.  

This can be none less than the awesome power of God.  

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic! God is good. Thanks for sharing that story.

    ReplyDelete