Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Surprises

When we woke to this silly snow it reminded me of God's surprises.  In the season for planting gardens, we are given a blanket to gently water the earth.  Oh how we need this moisture!  However, I'm glad I got some seeds in the ground before the storm hit. 


Yet, this amount of snow is very unusual in the valley for this time of year.  I found myself singing, 'In the meadow we can build a snowman...'  It reminds me that to everything in life there is a season.  (Eccles. 3:1) 



To push life where it is not meant to be seems out of place.  Snow at Christmas is so delightful, but in spring there is much moaning and groaning.  Why the differing responses?  The timing seems off. 














I failed to get my snapdragons, still in their tiny planting pots, into the ground earlier.  Now they sit drooped over with burden.   I don't know if they will survive since their roots are close to the surface.  Had they been in the ground I know they would be just fine. 


Likewise, in our lives, if we are firmly rooted in God, we will be better prepared for the surprises of the seasons.  They will be a delight rather than a drudgery.  Accepting what God brings, no matter the season, nourishes our souls and brings great joy. 


Oh happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away!  Yet, He continues to do so and righteousness is available to me through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I can be holy as He is holy. 



Rejoicing in this snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment